Copernicus Airport Wroclaw was built in 1938 as Flugplatz Breslau-Schongarten Airport and was built for German military purpose before World War II, back when the city was still part of Germany. It was briefly operated by Soviet forces following the war but then became used for civilian purposes in 1945 to destinations such as Warsaw, Lodz, Poznan and Katowice.
In 2005 the airport was renamed after the famous astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus and since then has continued to grow and expand with new terminals. The airport can now handle 7 million passengers annually.
Pollite working with Golland Systemy Lotniskowe successfully delivered one of our latest models of internally lit Windsocks to the growing airport.
Featuring the latest in LED technology and installed on one of Pollite's Frangible masts, the new Wind Direction Indicators come with a 10 year guarantee on the mast and a 100,000hr warranty on the bulbs. The masts are easy to install and are lightweight and completely corrosion free. To view our Windsock Masts click here or for any enquirers or further information get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.